Politically Incorrect Stratego Rules
Stratego is a fun strategy game of memory, bluffing and misdirection, however, it is a little simplistic. Once one person gains a slight advantage they can usually win if they are careful. Because of this I have made up additional rules to make Stratego more interesting. The additional rules make the game more complicated and also make it easier for the person with the disadvantage to win.
Now since I am an old guy, I grew up playing Stratego when the pieces were numbered with 1 being the most powerful piece and 9 being the weakest piece. The order is reversed in newer versions of the game but I will use the old numbers to describe my additional rules.
To play by the additional rules you will need to alter 2 pieces. Choose one of the bombs and one of the scouts (9s). Use a permanent marker and make a diagonal slash across the face of each piece.
1. The modified bomb becomes a movable bomb.
1.a. If a piece strikes the movable bomb it dies unless it is the spy. Even minors (8s) die.
1.b. When struck, you only have to reveal that it is a bomb unless it is struck by a minor (8) or the Spy.
1.c. The bomb can't strike. It can only lure other pieces into striking it.
1.d The bomb has to stay in the back four rows of your territory. It cannot venture into the 5th row or into enemy territory.
2. The modified scout(9) can take out bombs, but not the movable bomb.
POLITICALLY INCORRECT VARIATIONS
Al Qaeda Variation
1. The movable bomb can move anywhere on the board. It can detonate itself as its move. It also detonates if a piece on the other side strikes it. When it detonates it is destroyed and all pieces next to it are destroyed (horizontally, vertically and diagonally), even pieces on its own side.
United States Variation
1. All bombs become cruise missles. They can be launched and stike any choosen piece on the opposing side, even the flag.
2. The movable bomb becomes a weapon of mass destruction. It can be launched like a missle and destroys its tarket and all pieces next to the target.
3. Only one side gets cruise missles and a weapon of mass destruction. The pieces on the other side are cowards.