Thursday, July 24, 2008

Barak Obama welcomed in Germany

I have always wanted to take a vacation in Europe but for two reasons I haven’t. First of all – I don’t like feeling stupid and like a typical US citizen I only speak English fluently. I don’t want to be walking around Europe like “Hey, I’m a dumb American – can you speak English to me”. Secondly, US behavior has been very narcissistic, especially during the Bush administration. That makes it somewhat embarrassing to be an American. I don’t want to be the recipient of rudeness because of my country’s narcissistic foreign policies. Hence, no trip to Europe is on the horizon.

However today there is hope that one of the obstacles to a European vacation may go away. When speaking in Germany today, Barak Obama was welcomed with cheers instead of the jeers and sneers that Bush receives. That’s one more reason to vote for Obama. If Obama wins I might get to enjoy a European vacation. I hope that doesn’t sound too narcissistic. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home