Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Telephone Telepathy

Today I was pulling out my phone and was just about to call my wife. The phone rang and it was her. Sometimes I accidently turn my phone ringer off or leave my phone in the car and I go to call my wife and see that I just missed her phone call. This kind of thing happens to me a few times a week which is way more than probable. And it doesn't happen with anyone else.

At other times I will be thinking about something and out of the blue and my wife will start talking about it. When that happens I usually tell her to stop reading my mind -- and it happens a lot. The only other person that I share this kind of connection with is my youngest daughter but it occurs much rarer.

It seems that my wife and I have some unexplained connection outside the realm of the five senses. Does anyone else experience this with a significant other?

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, August 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I do that occasionally and it seems interesting. Then we think about it and realize that almost every other time we pull our phones out of our pockets, they don't ring. That happens way more often but doesn't get chalked up to anything special. What you are experiencing is typically called the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

 
At 2:44 PM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Jason said...

This is confirmation bias.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home